The 2016 Shade Poster Contest is now open!
All poster entries must have the completed entry form
attached to the back of each poster.
Submitted poster must meet the criteria below under “Rules” (or risk disqualifications):
Click below to register online and print your entry form.
Download Your Invitation and Info Packet
The Shade Poster contest
Skin Cancer Is 95% Preventable
The contest is a free environmental and health education initiative to teach
children about sun safety, UV radiation and stratospheric ozone.
Each year, students from kindergarten through eighth grade from every state and US territory are invited to create posters that reflect sun safety action steps they learn through the SunWise curriculum.
Submitted posters must meet the following criteria (or risk disqualification):
• Be original and drawn by hand. No copyrighted / trademarked characters or material.
• Paper size must be 8 ½ x 11 inches.
• Posters must include at least five Sun Safety Action Steps.
• Attach the official entry form to the back of each submitted poster (See Info Packet)
• Entries must be received no later than April 11, 2016.
• Correct spelling and grammar must be used in the 4th-8th grade category.
Posters will judged based on:
• Ability to show at least five of the Sun Safety Action Steps (as opposed to using words only).
• Quality of artwork.
• Kindergarten through 8th grade state winners will receive a Shade Foundation backpack and Sun Safety Kit
• Students will receive a Shade Foundation backpack and Sun Safety Kit.
• The national poster contest winner will receive a trip to the award ceremony in Washington, DC and a tour of the U.S. Capitol; and
• The sponsoring teacher of the national poster contest winner will receive $500.00. Certain restrictions apply.
NOTE: Prizes are subject to change without notice.