Go On Adventures With Summer and Jake
We’re Summer and Jake, and we want you to join us on our Adventures while staying safe in the sun! Being safe in the sun is really important! Check out these SunWise Action Steps:
- Apply sunscreen of at least SPF 30+ every 2 hours.
- Avoid tanning and tanning beds.
- Wear wide-brimmed hats, sunglasses, and long sleeve shirts and pants.
- Seek shade.
- Get vitamin D safely.
- Check the UV Index (Download the app from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency).
- Use extra caution near water, snow, and sand.
Draw a new adventure for Summer & Jake
Upload a cartoon showing Summer & Jake having fun while staying sun-safe!
Being SunWise means to Limit the Sun, Not the Fun!
Sign Up For Shade Foundation Updates
Click to expand.
A: Ozone depletion, weather, and the seasons cause different amounts of UV radiation to reach the Earth.
A: The UV Index tells you how much UV radiation reaches the Earth.
A: The bumps over a camel’s eyes act like a hat.
A: Sand, Water, and Snow.
A: Between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A: Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going outdoors.
A: Sun Protection Factor.
A: It protects life on Earth from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays.