Donate To The Shade Foundation Today
Your donation provides educational materials and crucial sun safety supplies to children leading to the eradicate of skin cancer.
The Shade Foundation is an all volunteer organization. That means every dollar contributed to the Foundation goes directly to educating kids and families about how to prevent skin cancer.
What Your Donation Goes Toward
Sun Safety Kits
- Your gift will provide hats, UV warning sunbands, sunglasses, UV index color changing Frisbees, and other Sun Safety materials to at-risk children.
Sun Safety Curriculum
- Your donation will help educate children about the importance of sun safety. Your gift will teach children using online media and printed materials. These educational programs can be used in the classroom, at camp and at the dinner table.
Skin Cancer Awareness Events
- Your donation allows the Foundation to hold events around the country that promote awareness about skin cancer prevention. Events like our annual Pitchin’ Posters Reception in Washington, DC, where we celebrate the national winner of the SunWise with Shade Poster Contest, with policy makers to create national awareness. Your contributions help pay for event costs as wells as promotional materials at each event.
Levels of Giving
- Your gift of $100 will provide a classroom of children with educational materials and Sun Safety kits.
Shade Foundation Patron
- Your gift of $500 helps the Foundation to continue to be the only advocate for children in the fight against skin cancer. Your contribution will help Shade reach out across the country through email, social media and direct mail.
Poster Contest Sponsor
- Your gift of $1,000 will help sponsor the annual SunWise with Shade Poster Contest. Your contribution helps pay for contest expenses like fees, postage and promotional materials to reach classrooms across the country.
Shade Foundation Champion
- Your gift of $10,000 will go towards developing more educational materials for kids and their families, and creating more opportunities to reach more communities across the country.
This policy covers how we use your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Our forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers.X
If you supply us with your mailing address, phone or email address on-line, you may receive communication from us with information or questions regarding requests you have placed online. In addition, Shade may, from time to time, make contact about other issues we think may be of interest to you, or to request financial support for Shade programs in cancer research and education. Should you wish not to be contacted about such matters, please let us know by writing, or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, we also collect information on your IP address, browser type, and Refer URL data. We use this data to prevent hacking attempts, help us know what web browsers people are using, and find out where our visitors are coming from so that we can improve our outreach.
How Is My Information Used?
Your information is only used to process your contribution. We do not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
Security and Storage
Only your order billing data are stored on our server. This information is encrypted using a Secure Sockets Layer before it is transmitted over a web server. We do not store your Credit Card data.
Other Web sites
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which the Shade Foundation has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statement on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.